CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Pregnancy Woes

The whole thing with gestational diabetes has taken an interesting turn. I went to the dr last week, and found not only had I lost 3 lbs, I had ketones in my urine.

From Wikipedia:

"Ketone bodies are three water-soluble compounds that are produced as by-products when fatty acids are broken down for energy in the liver and kidney. They are used as a source of energy in the heart and brain. In the brain, they are a vital source of energy during fasting"


It happens when either: too much insulin is produced and the cells cant get glucose, or you aren't eating enough calories , and your body turns fat to energy. The diet Ive been on is 2000 calories a day to control my blood sugar....apparently too strict. So I was told to eat more, but not told how to go about it. The I was told I still have to keep my blood sugar in the same range, but still do it with more calories. Grrrrrr...if I keep losing weight by the next dr's apt, who knows what the will do. So I have been still measuring all my portions, I haven't had caffeine in weeks, and I can smell sugar a mile away. But here is something worthwhile: a sneak preview of my baby Zane:

0 comments: