CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Gestational diabetes, or, a big pain in my ass

I couldn't wait for the phone call, so my dumb ass had to call the doctor's office myself. I failed half my 3 hour gestational diabetes test. The test is simple, but boring. You go in, drink a pint of stuff that tastes like really sweet Hawaiian Punch, then get your blood tested every hour for 3 hours. My fasting blood sugar was 2 points too high, hour 1 was 210, hour 2 was 240, then hour 3 was 100. So I kinda sorta have Gestational diabetes, which is kinda sorta like being pregnant: you are or you aren't. So, I wait for another call from my doctor tomorrow to tell me I have to go to the Diabetes educator at the local hospital to be told not to eat sugar. On top of spotting, no weight gain, NO SEX, and being of an "advanced maternal age" ( I would rather be of a 'certain' age), I have diabetes to ponder over-with 10 weeks to go.
Lovely...

1 comments:

Me said...

Tabitha, glad to see your alive and still kicking(or being kicked).

Every time I checked the old blog and didn't see a new post I was worried. It sounded silly to worry about someone I haven't met because "she's not writing on her bog", but it is almost impossible to not empathize and feel connected(in a none stalker/crazy way) to any author who really pours their innermost feelings and soul into their writing.(damn can you say run on sentence)

I'm glad to see at your advanced age that you have once again managed to put together a few words in a still fluent manner.

congratulations
Mark