CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Obama's Cotillion speech

"But the record's clear: John McCain has voted with George Bush 90 percent of the time. Senator McCain likes to talk about judgment, but really, what does it say about your judgment when you think George Bush has been right more than ninety percent of the time? I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to take a ten percent chance on change." Barack Obama

This is one of my favorite quotes from the entire speech. Obama needed to go into tonight's speech and give details on how he plans to run this country, and answer McCain's criticisms. He masterfully did both, in my humble opinion. He defined what he intended to for the economy, foreign relations, and the environment. Kudos to you , Barack, I applaud you.
I admit, I really wasn't that excited about him choosing Biden as a running mate (He of famed foot-in-mouth disease gaffs of the past). But, you can't accuse Biden of being wishy washy. And since change is what Obama intends, after some thought on it, getting away from the Clintons was probably the best thing he could do . I love Hilary and it still smarts she didn't make it, but that's ok, she probably will be Senate Majority Leader eventually.:)
So now I get to watch the Republican convention. I didn't say it wouldn't be without difficulty; trying to swallow vomit and listen to republican rhetoric at the same time is a challenge. But you cant say I'm not fair.

0 comments: